Chatting, texting, messaging, and speaking to men online has been the most bizarre, memorable, and life changing experience of my life. In the beginning there were so many men that I couldn’t keep up with the flirts, winks, profile views, and messages. Overtime, and after literally hundred of weeding out, I met my first “Pick”; nothing came about except for some fairly shocking selfies (all his) which I deleted, sort of accidently. “Pick #2” was legally separated and too desperate to meet me, so I declined his invitations. “Pick #3” was short-term, but memorable for one very small reason. “Pick #4” was a month long SCAM! That’s a whole other story for another day. And, “Pick #5” . . . I’m saving for another post.
Online dating is whatever you want it to be. Safety, being my priority, made me realize how vulnerable I was for all that is horrible and enlightening in the world. I quickly learned that each person I texted, messaged, spoke to and met could potentially be the end or beginning of “ME”.
Would I recommend online dating? Yes. I would, but with caution.
Online Dating Rules to Follow
1. Research the various sites. Chat on the dating sites for a while until you get a good a feel for the person you have connected or matched with.
2. Ask a lot of questions.
3. Text off the site for a period of time until you feel comfortable enough to meet in person.
4. Meet in a public place, half way between your two homes during the day or early evening.
5. Before going out on your first date LISTEN to your instincts!
6. Let your friends and family know that you are dating online. Don’t be embarrassed. You are trying something new.
7. Always write down the name and number of the person you are going to meet.
8. Tell someone to text you while you are on a date (it’s not rude. It’s common.)
9. If all goes well and you are in agreement meet for a second date.
10. Ask a lot of questions, be safe, and enjoy the ride.
Do you have an online dating experience you would like to share? I'd like to hear about it.